Thursday, April 17, 2003

[Egg Alert!] I was thinking about when Indi would lay her eggs and how close together her and Roxy were last month, and I decided it might be a good idea to look around the tank. Yes, I recovered two fully-hydrated Indi eggs from where she was guarding them inside a humid hide. I guess it was humid, because I think it was at least a week since I soaked down the bag of perlite. So I'm happy. I can't vouch for the fertility of the eggs - Roxy's look much better - but we'll see if they mold over or survive to hatching.

Roxy is looking much thinner, even in the tail, after producing these two clutches of eggs. I have seen her, probably within the last month, really chase down those crickets before anyone else is even out of there hide. So I have a new feeding idea - not to feed the crickets all at once, but to feed some and give Roxy a little time to chase them all down, then feed the rest. It should help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home