Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Roxy, my younger (2 yrs.) leopard, laid 2 eggs the night before last. By the time I got to them they were at least 50% dehydrated because she laid them on the felt substrate in the cool end (about 80*F). I'm trying to bring them back, but it's slow going. I've got them on perlite, so we'll see how that goes. I like the idea of perlite because it seems more intiseptic than vermiculite and doesn't have the risk of asbestos.

Indi, my older female, is gravid and I'm watching her as much as I can. She is hanging out in a laying box, so hopefully she will lay her eggs in there. The humidity in there is very good.

I just bought 40 crickets today and I'm going to stuff the hell out of them. I may try frozen pinkies, which cost around $10 for 6 at the local pet store. It will be nice to fall asleep to the sound of crickets chirping again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home